as a quick remedy, I would suggest a complete reinstallation of the Designer by following these detailed steps:
- If there are existing projects in your current workspace, please back up all its directories by copying the whole content to a new previously unused directory.
- Uninstall the current CloverDX Designer instance from your computer.
- Navigate to the original installation directory to review whether the uninstallation was complete and no CloverDX related directory or files remained. If there are still some files in the CloverDX directory, please delete it completely.
Note: In a Windows OS, worth checking is also the ‘C:\Program Files (x86)’ directory for the same matter.
Note 2: If you have multiple different CloverDX or CloverETL Designer versions installed, please make sure to do this for ALL of them. Anything that relates to 'CloverDX' or 'CloverETL' needs to be deleted.
- Delete the current workspace (just not the backup from point no.1 of course).
- Navigate to our website and download the desired CloverDX Designer installation package again. Make sure to choose the installation package for the respective OS and adequate bit architecture (for example, if you are using 64 bit Windows 10, make sure to select the ‘Windows 64-bit’ platform on our website.
- Install the package after it is downloaded. Install a JDK if needed.
- Now you should be good to open CloverDX Designer and select a new empty previously unused workspace.
- If all works well, you can copy the backed up directories into this new workspace. However, do NOT copy the '.metadata', '.recommenders' and 'RemoteSystemsTempFiles' directories.
Now you should be able to create a new server project in the CloverDX Designer (either by navigating to File > New > CloverDX Server Project or right-clicking in the Navigator pane and selecting New > CloverDX Server Project).
If the reinstallation is not a desired or viable option for you, kindly provide me with the following items of information:
- Your CloverETL Designer and Server version.
- The vendor and version of the JDK used in the Designer.
- The vendor and version of the OS where Designer is installed.
- How did you install the Designer? For example, installed directly from the downloaded package, or installed as an Eclipse plugin, etc.
- How did the issue occur in the first place? Have you seen the "CloverETL Server Project" option before and from a certain point of time, you are unable to see it?
- Have you performed any setup changes in the Designer or in your system recently?