CloverETL is now CloverDX - Learn Why

How to Duplicate SandBox

Support questions related to CloverDXServer

EBS-discovery

How to Duplicate SandBox

Postby EBS-discovery » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:04 am

Hi all,

This is a silly question but I connect to Clover Server and I want to duplicate a sandbox. But I have no copy to push button or contextual menu.

Could you tell me how to do it?

I tried Create an nerw SandBOx and then Upload the Zip File of the Sandbox I want to duplicate

Thanx for your answers.

bartonv

Re: How to Duplicate SandBox

Postby bartonv » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello EBS-discovery,
creating a new sandbox and uploading a zip file of the sandbox you need to copy is certainly one of the options. Below are 2 other examples of how the sandbox duplication can be accomplished. Worth noting though is that none of the available options is as easy as clicking a single copy button.

1. You can create a brand new sandbox in the CloverETL Server console (Sandboxes > New sandbox) and simply copy the entire content of the original sandbox directory to the new one within the server file system.
  2. Another option would be to use the CloverETL Designer to copy the server project. Simply right-click the desired server project, select the Copy option and go on to pasting it within the workspace. This would create an identical copy of the sandbox as a local Designer project. You would go on to convert the local project to a server project (right-click > select the ‘Convert to server project’ option). Note: Make sure to select the ‘Create new sandbox’ radio button on the way.
Best regards,
---
Vladimir Barton
CloverCARE Support
CloverDX

Visit us online at http://www.cloverdx.com