Unfortunately, I don't have enough information to pinpoint the exact root cause of this issue. I will need more information in order to find out. Although, memory issues usually manifest themselves by an error or an exception, it's definitely worth taking a look at it. Depending on whether you're using only a Designer or also a CloverETL Server you can find the configuration at different places. If it is a Designer only project, then the memory configuration is under the Runtime Configuration
. If it is a CloverETL Server project please see this article
in our documentation.
If increasing the memory doesn't help, please provide me with the following in order to solve your issue. If you don't feel comfortable with posting this information publicly, you can send us an email to [email protected]
. This will raise a ticket in our ticketing system which will be used for our communication afterwards.
1. Is it a Designer only or a CloverETL Server project?
2. What is your current memory configuration?
3. What is the exact version number of your CloverETL software? If you have CloverETL Server as well, please specify versions of both, the Designer and the CloverETL Server.
4. The following log files:
- Designer - ".log" and "CloverETL.log" both located in <YOUR_WORKSPACE>/.metadata.
- CloverETL Server (if you have one) - "all.log" located in <TOMCAT_HOME>/temp/cloverlogs/.
Thank you in advance,