Error Creating Hadoop Connection

Support/help with CloverETL (4.9) and CloverDX (5.0 or newer) implementation problems

Ypoint Solutions

Error Creating Hadoop Connection

Postby Ypoint Solutions » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi,

I am connecting to Clover ETL with CDH4.3.0. I have CDH4 VM and Clover ETL installed on same system.
My Host ip is 10.91.49.141 and Guest CDH4 ip is 10.91.49.142. I have all jars and dependency in lib folder for CDH4 as mentioned in documentation.however while creating New hadoop connections it is giving me an error.

Initially the error was "connection refused" and then after editing and giving ip to core-site.xml
new error came accoss ie " Error validating the connection Reason:
org.apache.hadoop.net.connecttimeoutexception: 10000 millis time-out while waiting for channel to be ready for connect. ch:
java.nio.channels.Socket[connection pending remote=/10.91.49.142]".

Can you please help me out to resolve the error or any documentation available on internet which can help me out ?
Your help would be really appreciated .

Thanks.
Virag,
Ypoint Analytics
Attachments
connection refuesdImage.jpg
connection refuesdImage.jpg (16.43 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
cahnnel errors.jpg
cahnnel errors.jpg (17.57 KiB) Viewed 3181 times

imriskal

Re: Error Creating Hadoop Connection

Postby imriskal » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:57 am

Hi Virag,

Could you please export your project and share it with me? Without any passwords, of course. Also, the screenshots you provided are too small for me to be able to read it. Could you provide me with some larger ones? Preferably with the "Edit Hadoop Connection" window visible. There should be stack traces of errors from the screenshots in Designer's Error log (Window -> Show View -> Other... -> General -> Error Log). Please attach them too.

By the way, you mentioned you use Cloudera 4.3.0. But this is what our documentation states:
There are two officialy supported versions of Hadoop: Cloudera 3 update 5 and Cloudera 4 version 4.1.2. Other versions close to this one might work, but we cannot guarantee that.
---
Lubos Imriska
CloverCARE Support
CloverDX

Visit us online at http://www.cloverdx.com

Ypoint Solutions

Postby Ypoint Solutions » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for responding.
As you said,I have attached screenshots and project. I tried downloading CDH3 and CDH 4.1.2 however couldn't find any link from where I can download CDH3 or CDH 4.1.2 and Cloudera has also stopped providing support for the older version so I had to go with 4.3.0. Do you have any link where I can download CDH compatible version for cloveETL?

Sometimes I also get an error of Connection refused while validating connection.Due to restriction I was able to attached only 3 files.
Please find attachments.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Virag,
Ypoint Analytics
Attachments
Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_6.jpg (139.5 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
Errorlog_Screenshot_2.jpg
Errorlog_Screenshot_2.jpg (179.26 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
demo.rar
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

slechtaj

Postby slechtaj » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Virag,

You can download CDH 4.1.2 from here. Make sure you use all the required libraries mentioned in our documentation.
Jan Slechta
CloverCARE Support
CloverETL | Rapid Data Integration

Visit us online at http://www.cloveretl.com

How to speed up communication with CloverCARE support