HTTP connector POST

Support/help with CloverETL (4.9) and CloverDX (5.0 or newer) implementation problems

keerthi.parvathi

HTTP connector POST

Postby keerthi.parvathi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Team,

I'm having a requirement where I need to make a POST REST API service, when I use HTTP connector I'm getting below error:

Component [HTTPConnector:HTTPCONNECTOR] finished with status ERROR. (Out0: 0 recs, Out1: 0 recs)
header field can not be set with this object - {Date=Tue, 02 Apr 2019 10:16:06 GMT, Content-Type=text/html; charset=utf-8, Transfer-Encoding=chunked, Connection=keep-alive, X-ORACLE-DMS-ECID=e7718bef-184b-490b-ab1b-e794b93f1b3a-00009715, X-ORACLE-DMS-RID=0} in field 5; value: '{Date=Tue, 02 Apr 2019 10:16:06 GMT, Content-Type=text/html; charset=utf-8, Transfer-Encoding=chunked, Connection=keep-alive, X-ORACLE-DMS-ECID=e7718bef-184b-490b-ab1b-e794b93f1b3a-00009715, X-ORACLE-DMS-RID=0}'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Keerthi

bartonv

Re: HTTP connector POST

Postby bartonv » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi Keerthi,
I have attached a working example of a POST request configured by using the HTTPConnector component for which I took advantage of our Simple HTTP API feature. What this call does is that it grabs a CloverDX Server configuration file located in a 'data-in' directory in a project inside of a CloverDX Designer workspace and imports it into CloverDX Server. Worth noting is the following:
  • The URL triggers the 'import_server_config' operation on a local CloverDX Server instance.
  • The Request Method is set to 'POST'.
  • I am using the Multipart Entities for the purpose of defining parameters of the POST request (including the import file URL).
  • I am then assigning values of those parameters in the Input Mapping section.
  • The basic HTTP authentication is used to I need to provide credentials as well (username and password).
If this is not helpful, kindly provide us with:
  1. The whole graph containing your HTTPConnector including other needed information so that we can inspect and ideally test it on our end. Feel free to mask sensitive information if needed.
  2. If sharing the whole graph is not feasible, kindly provide at least the HTTPConnector configuration.
  3. Version of your CloverDX Designer.
Best regards,
Attachments
cloverConfigImport.grf
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
---
Vladimir Barton
CloverCARE Support
CloverDX

Visit us online at http://www.cloverdx.com